Restoration & Conservation
If you would like to speak with us in regards to your restoration, please call (619) 482-0452 at your leisure.
The likelihood that art works in your possession will come in contact with dust, pollutants, pollen, sun, and variable temperatures are normal factors. Not to mention the occasional unforeseen accidental damage such as a rip, scratch, tear, puncture, mold, water damage, fire and insects.
As conservators we consider the preservation of an object as a priority. Our intent is to facilitate, conserve and protect. We apply our standards of uncompromising quality and materials to every restoration as well as evaluating and providing a written and photographic report.
“To preserve our heritage to indeed conserve and restore our pictorial collective biography, is not merely our duty but more likely our highest responsibility. A testimony of how we were and what we are becoming. Committing both talent and science on behalf of those who have past on and those who are yet to come, provides a bridge between past imagination and our future creations. ” – S. Cohen
S. Cohen Fine Art is a restorer for galleries, institutions and private collectors nationwide.
Member – Association of Restorers & Council of Certified Artists
- Types of Restoration
- Restoration & Conservation of oil, tempera, watercolor, pastelworks on canvas, board, paper & icons
- Surface Cleaning
- Varnish Coating and Removal-Relining
- Repaits of Tears, Rips, Gouges, Scrapes and Punctures-Panel Repairs
- Inlay Fillers
- Frame restoration and filding
- Reparits of Cracking and Blistering
- Removal of Hair, Dust, Scratches, Cracks, Tears and Dents from works of art on paper