We, S. Cohen Fine Art, provide art appraisal documentation that includes the item, artist description, provenance, and auction records for the artist, general assessment of authenticity, quality, condition, and fair market price and replacement value. A “limiting Conditions and Assumptions” document will be provided with each appraisal/report.
Solomon Cohen, the Appraiser, will inspect, research, and provide documentation and photos on the items appraised. He will establish the value of the items.
This value will be determined using the following criteria:
• The current established market value of items based on the characteristics of value and elements of quality, most active marketplace, and comparable sales through research and methodology (Evaluation Matrixes).
• The appraisal is the Appraiser’s educated opinion, and he will not advocate a value higher than that established by using the above method. The Appraiser will, however, defend his position regarding the value of a particular item.
• Unless otherwise stated, this appraisal will serve only as a means of establishing the value of each particular item and not a proof of the authenticity of an item and has no limited interest conveyed other than those stated in the appraisal.
• Mr. Cohen’s compensation is not contingent upon the reporting of a predetermined value or direction in value that favors the client’s cause, the amount of the value estimate, the attainment of a stipulated result, or the occurrence of a subsequent event. Services rendered at the flat rate of One-Hundred-Twenty-five Dollars per hour. The appraisal fee shall be paid upon receipt of the statement notifying the final stages of appraisal work. The Appraiser shall then mail the appraisal document to the Owner upon receipt of fees.
• Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to interfere with or otherwise affect the rendering of services by the Appraiser in accordance with his independent and professional judgment. The Appraiser shall perform his services substantially in accordance with the Principals and the Codes of Ethics of the American Society of Appraisers, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, The Appraisers Association of America.