Paul Crotto was born on 24th October 1922 in New York.
He studied at the Art Student League at New York, in Peking and received a scholarship to attend the Academie des Beaux Arts in Florence, Italy. He returned to Paris in 1949 and worked together with Fernand Leger.
Being member of the ” Salon de la Jeune Peinture ” (Salon of young painters ) he exhibits his works also at the ” Salon National des Beaux Arts ” ” Salon du Prix Othon-Friez ” and the Salon du Dessin et de la Peinture a l`Eau ( Salon of design and watercolors)
In 1963 he was awarded the ” Prix International de Peinture de Villeneuve-sur-Lot.
The artist participated in many exhibitions in France and other countries the Obelisk Gallery in Boston exhibited his works permanently.
- Galerie Jeanne Castel, Paris 1961
- Galerie Jeanne Castel, Paris 1962
- Galerie Blanche, Stockholm 1963
- Salle Georges-Leygues, Villeneuve-sur-Lot 1963
- Galerie Rene Drouet, Paris 1964
- Museum of International Art in San Francisco 1965
- Galerie Grave, Munich 1966
- Galerie Grave, Munich 1967